Restomods which is simply is restoring and upgrading vintage American muscle cars with modern, high-output engines and contemporary running gear has become increasingly common in the automotive world over the past decade, and despite a large number of customs and tuning stores routinely building modified American classics, few if any Ringbrothers’ business can be ignited. And for his most recent one-off, the Wisconsin-based outfit meticulously showed why it held such high esteem with the debut of a modern 1968 Mercury Cougar restomod build.
Beginning with a complete tire restoration, the “68 Cougar” is now powered by a Ford Coyote’s 460-horsepower 5.0-liter V8 that’s mated to a 10-speed transmission and paddle shifter picked from the F-150 Raptor. Spitting spent gases from a Flowmaster 44 SS exhaust system complete with custom heads from Ringbrothers, the custom Cougar also received three-piece HRE Michelin Pilot Sport wheels, Baer Pro + 14-inch disc brakes front and rear, DSE Aluma Frame Quadra-suspension system Link and custom body kit accented in custom-designed Augusta Green metallic paint. As usual, Ringbrothers also treated the interior to a modern revival with plush leather seating and upholstery and a new wood dash.
1968 Mercury Cougar
- Built in 2020
- Ford Coyote 5.0 cylinder engine, 460 hp
- Ford 10 Speed Paddle Transmission Changed From F150
- Suspension DSE Aluma Frame Quadra-Link
- EXHAUST Flowmaster 44 SS with Ringbrothers Custom Heads
- Baer Pro + 14-inch front and rear brakes
- HRE C1 C103 Series Wheels 3-Piece Rig Front 18″ x 9″, Rear 19″ x 44″
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires front 245 x 35 x 18, rear 275 x 40 x 19
- Water-based paint BASF Glasurit Ford M3067 Augusta Green Metallic